Headed up by Tomas Meskauskas, PCrisk are cyber security experts who provide security news and malware removal guides. In these times when online privacy is such a hot topic, it’s reassuring to know that Tomas and his team are passionate about computer security and technology.It’s fitting also that both Surveilled and Cyberlante broach themes of computer security and surveillance technologies. This enables us to consult with PCrisk on the precise nature of any threats and technology depicted in the stories.
Raya Films are excited to announce that we have now launched a crowdfunding campaign for our next production on Indiegogo!
Surveilled is a creepy horror movie that is scheduled for production later in the year. If you saw what we did with our debut movie, Do Something, Jake – RED CARPET premieres, CELEBRITY gossip, Best Feature AWARD, worldwide DISTRIBUTION – you’ll love what we have planned for Surveilled!
There are many opportunities for you to become part of the Surveilled gang and to support indie film. So check out the Indiegogo Campaign Page and let’s go make a movie!
Join us for business networking and screenings of our films and documentaries at the following events in May and June!
Festival de Cannes 2019
We will be at Festival de Cannes from 14 – 22 May 2019 to promote our completed films and discuss forthcoming projects. If you are interested in discussing business with Raya Films, do please contact us to book a meeting.
Southend Film Festival
Our award-winning feature film Do Something, Jake is part of the Official Selection at Southend, which is one of the biggest festivals in the east of England.
Do Something, Jake
Sat 25 May 2019, 3:30PM Park Inn Ballroom → Get Tickets
New Forest Film Festival
There is a big media buzz surrounding the New Forest Film Festival this year and we have two screenings at the event with live Q&As:
Gentleman of the Night (2006) Historical Documentary + Live Q&A
All those years ago, we started out making documentaries, and this one just won’t die! Come along and find out how we started from nothing and ended up with silverware and multiple theatrical screenings!
Mon 10 Jun 2019 2:30PM The Lymington Centre, Hampshire → Get Tickets
Do Something, Jake + Live Q&A
A feature film on zero-budget? How is that possible? Is it any good? Come along and find out how we audaciously shot this film out in the streets with no money and then went on to screen it theatrically and win an award!
Mon 10 Jun 2019 7:15PM The Lymington Centre, Hampshire → Get Tickets
We have a number of exciting productions and events happening this year [updated 22 April 2019]:
- Do Something, Jake has been a clear success following the World and London Premieres, and the Mountsorrel screening. The film has now been accepted as part of the Official Selection at the Southend Film Festival (25 May 2019) and New Forest Film Festival (10 June 2019). For tickets, click here! The demand and enthusiasm for this crazy ‘indie film’ has even taken us by surprise and the film won ‘Best Feature’ at the Midlands Movies Awards 2019.
- Before moving into feature film, we started off making documentaries, including Gentlemen of the Night, an historical film about 18th century smuggling. The documentary was shot back in 2006, and is being screening theatrically at the New Forest Film Festival (10 June 2019). For tickets, click here
- Agent Kelly is an experimental female-led thriller, which has captured the imagination of many people on the basis of its production images and ridiculously-short trailer alone! It’s a bold idea, which is leading on to bigger things. We’re planning a screening in London, so do subscribe at the Official Website for news – come along to see what you think of this unique concept!
- We’ve just wrapped a thriller called Cyberlante, a powerful story with a cyber-twist! Dynamic and fast-paced, this fascinating concept uses real locations and the latest lightweight camera technology. The film is now in post-production and we’re looking for sales and distribution later in the year.
- Surveilled is in pre-production to shoot in June 2019. Keep checking by for details of this creepy thriller!
- In the winter, we’re planning to shoot a drama-thriller, which has clear awards potential. There’s a way to go with the screenplay, but it will feature some great acting talent and will have an action element. Locations are to be decided, but North Wales and/or Leicstershire are on the list of possibilities!
- The Finca, Guilty in Andalucía, VoIP, and Escape the Confines – these are just some of the other films that we have written, own full rights to, and fully intend to produce in the near future.
- Finally, see you at Cannes 2019 and the American Film Market where we will be promoting all of the above.
Finally, if you are interested in the business side of things or can perhaps help in other ways (we’re always looking for good filming locations and properties), please click here
Due to demand, another theatrical screening is set for the Midlands for our crime, drama, thriller DO SOMETHING, JAKE.
“Very dynamic. Never a dull moment and a tribute to independent film makers.”
— IMDb user review.
The response following the World and London Premieres has been incredible, so do join us in January. All details and tickets on the Official Website
Raya Films are shooting an ultra-low budget feature film (drama-thriller) in the Loughborough (UK) area in February 2019. We need locations to make this project possible. Unlike big film shoots, we can’t offer big pay cheques for property/land owners, but this is an exciting opportunity to really be involved with a full-length feature film with all of the premiere invites, film shoot action, and potential for promotion for your business/properties as we launch the film worldwide.
Outline: The story involves a person who lives in a house/cottage with an upstairs, small garden front and back, and possibly a shed. A rural area would be nice. Next door to this house is a farm-like property or at least a building and forecourts that might resemble a spacious area where some bad guys hang out!
Duration of shoot: 10 days.
Location: Loughborough or nearby surrounding villages.
A cottage or house with reasonably spacious interior that is not too cluttered with personal effects (or at least they can be removed/stored easily).
A farm or property with fairly large grounds. Doesn’t necessarily need to be a house, but barns, old buildings or areas where criminals might hang out to do their deeds.
The film involves a fair amount of action, foot chases, etc. So, we need some areas that we can film that are reasonably private and where we would have permission/access to film from the owner/s.
In the story, the above properties and land are interconnected, in the same vicinity, but this does not need to be the case in reality. For example, we can use clever cutting, etc. to ‘pretend’ that Property 1 is next door to Property 2, even if they’re four miles apart!
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST – THANK YOU!
Another fantastic night for our indie feature film Do Something, Jake!
The event in London area created a stir with many celebrities and film enthusiasts turning out to attend the exclusive screening. This sets a great platform for the New York/North American Premier and other screenings.
Full details and photos/media on the Official Website
After a frantic week at Raya Films, just enough time to say that the World Premiere of Do Something, Jake was a massive success. A packed audience at the Loughborough Odeon were gripped from the start and responded with cheers and applause as the credits rolled.
“A fabulous film and a truly inspiring project.” — Leon Spence
It was quite an event, and we’d like to thank everyone for their support. This now sets up a nice platform for the London Premiere and then New York!
LATEST: London Premiere is on 15th November 2018 – All details on the Official Website
Join us for a great Red Carpet evening on 20th September in England! All details on the Do Something, Jake Official Website